Health Related Sciences
- Learn about bacterial infection in teeth and gums such as Gingivitis, Periodontitis, Caries, Smoking Stomatitis, and Angular Cheilitis.
- Discover how the acidity of various foods and beverages, regardless of sugar, effects enamel erosion and promotes cavity formation
- Witness through science experiments just how sugar plus plaque (bacteria) combines to cause cavities: frequency verses quantity, sticky sugars verses liquid sugars. Read the label and do the math to “see” just how much sugar is in your favorite pop or breakfast cereal.
- Study the internal anatomy of teeth gums and bone: health y vs. unhealthy structures that require various dental restorations, root canals, orthodontics, extractions.
- Realize small changes in nutrition that make a big difference; changes that promote healthy mouths as well as healthy, strong, lean bodies